Job Type Full Time
Qualification Diploma , KCSE
Job Field Medical / Healthcare
Applications are invited from appropriately qualified candidates with a clinical background for the position of Entitlement Officer in the Debtors Section, Finance Division.
- Diploma in Nursing or equivalent;
- Kenya Certificate of Secondary Education (KCSE) with mean grade C or its equivalent;
Proficient in MS Office Suite;
- Formal training in customer care or equivalent demonstrated experience;
- A minimum of 1 (one) years’ experience in a busy claim vetting and assessment department;
- A minimum of 1 (one) year’s exposure in clinical practice;
- A minimum of 3 (three) years’ experience in a busy accounting/credit management department;
- Excellent communication skills both written and oral;
- Excellent customer service skills;
- Good interpersonal skills: Ability to build relationships among team members;
- Ability to work under pressure and meet stringent deadlines.
- Reporting to the Supervisor Corporate Entitlement, the Entitlement Officer will assist the Supervisor in the management of billing corporate guidelines (Entitlements) by ensuring correct and accurate mapping in the system, claims vetting before dispatch and analysis of rejected claims to minimize the level of bad debts.
- To offer prompt and satisfactory services to internal and external clients as per the established policies and procedures of the department to enable overall accomplishment of the departmental goals;
- Participate in ensuring that all the billing points are updated on new / closed accounts, corporate clients’ administration guidelines on timely basis and they adhere to the same;
- Opening/closing of accounts as advised by relevant corporate clients and in line with the hospital guidelines on the same;
- Assisting in monitoring of invoice returns and taking appropriate action on clinical queries as per the set deadline;
- To assist in organizing and holding meetings with corporate clients to discuss status of their accounts regarding entitlements, exclusions and returned invoices and overall clinical reconciliation sign off;
- Participate in Continuous Entitlements Education (CEE) for Clinical and non -clinical areas for excellent service delivery;
- Assist in the coordination of renewal of corporate agreements and fulfillment of terms of the administration rules and guidelines from Corporate clients;
- Maintenance of timely and accurate departmental reports e.g. accounts opened/closed, rejection rate, individual corporate performance, copay schedules, CME meeting minutes
- Participate in preparation of all Institution and Financial audits to enable the Department to achieve its quality objectives;
- Report any incidences regarding corporate credit management to the Supervisor;
- Assist in the maintenance and monitoring of Master Register of Corporate accounts from inception to expiry timelines in order to hedge against provision of services to expired accounts
MODE OF APPLICATION
Click “APPLY FOR JOB” button above to apply for this job.
About Aga Khan University (AKU)
The Aga Khan University is a private, autonomous university that promotes human welfare through research, teaching and community service initiatives. Based on the principles of quality, access, impact and relevance, the University has campuses and programmes in Kenya, Tanzania, Uganda, the United Kingdom, Afghanistan and Pakistan. Its facilities include teaching hospitals, Faculties of Health Sciences with Schools of Nursing and Midwifery and Medical Colleges, Institutes for Educational Development, an Examination Board and an Institute for the Study of Muslim Civilisations. The Graduate School of Media and Communications, the East African Institute, the Institute for Human Development and the Kiswahili Centre have been launched recently while several Graduate Professional Schools and Faculties of Arts and Sciences are to be set up in Pakistan and East Africa. Through its needs-blind admissions policy, the University imbues the most promising leaders and thinkers of tomorrow with an ethic of service and the skills to help communities solve their most pressing challenges. The Aga Khan University is one of nine agencies in the Aga Khan Development Network.