Job TypeFull Time
Job FieldAdministration / Secretarial
The primary function of the school guidance counselor is to provide a comprehensive competency-based counseling program focused on the learning, personal/social and career/vocational needs of all students.
Key Responsibilities (Provide details of key responsibilities; preferably in order of importance and/or time spent)
- Providing a professional and confidential counseling service for all students.
- Providing guidance services, programs, and activities for students and teachers.
- Promoting healthy communication among families, peers, and faculty members.
- Where appropriate and within the bounds of confidentiality, sharing information with faculty so students are effectively supported
- Bachelors of Education degree/Counselling/Psychology /B.A or B. Sc with PGDE
- 5 years of experience in teaching
- Teacher Service Commission Certificate.
- Proven consistency in-class work performance.
- Should have a thorough knowledge of counselling programmes.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications.
MODE OF APPLICATION
Click “APPLY FOR JOB” button above to apply for this job.
About Aga Khan Education Service, Kenya (AKESK)
The Aga Khan Academy Nairobi is operated by Aga Khan Education Service Kenya (AKESK), a non-profit organization, with close to a hundred years’ experience operating schools in Kenya. Our first formal schools were opened in 1918, and AKESK currently operates 11 schools in Nairobi, Mombasa, Kisumu and Eldoret, serving close to 5,000 students with a quality, affordable education.