ICT Support Specialist
Job TypeFull Time
Job FieldICT / Computer
- Provide first level of technical support to the users of all ICT services including information systems) available at AKES offices and schools.
- Assist in the implementation and support of all ICT initiatives and information systems.
- Assist in the implementation of ICT policies and Standard Operation Procedures.
- Ensure timely installation, configuration and maintenance of ICT hardware, software and network equipment, while maintaining proper documentations on all configurations, design, faults/incidents and responses.
- Assist in the implementation of information security related best practices for all ICT services available at AKES units in Kenya;
- Assist schools in identifying and quantifying ICT needs with guidance from central office IT;
- Maintain updated inventory record for ICT hardware, software and network equipment within cluster;
- Ensure regular updates to operating systems, anti-malware solutions and other systems for all computers;
- Provide technical training to the users of ICT services as and when required;
- Assist ICT function at central office in extending support to ICT staff members at all AKES schools in Kenya, as and when needed.
- Preferably a bachelor’s degree in IT, Computer Science or related field from a reputable institution.
- A minimum of 2 years’ relevant work experience preferably in school environment.
- Strong and demonstrable IT skills in Hardware, networking, cloud computing.
- Relevant IT certifications would be an added advantage
MODE OF APPLICATION
Click “APPLY FOR JOB” button above to apply for this job.
About Aga Khan Education Service, Kenya (AKESK)
The Aga Khan Academy Nairobi is operated by Aga Khan Education Service Kenya (AKESK), a non-profit organization, with close to a hundred years’ experience operating schools in Kenya. Our first formal schools were opened in 1918, and AKESK currently operates 11 schools in Nairobi, Mombasa, Kisumu and Eldoret, serving close to 5,000 students with a quality, affordable education.