Facilities Manager – Mombasa
Job TypeFull Time
Job FieldEngineering / Technical
The Facilities Manager will have overall responsibility for overseeing the complete maintenance of all AKES-K facilities, (buildings and property) and initiate and manage all repairs and related construction projects as required. S/He will also be required to oversee and manage health and safety-related issues at all AKES-K schools in Mombasa.
- Oversee the upkeep and maintenance of all facilities under AKESK Mombasa; conduct regular inspections, identify repairs needed and prepare a detailed yearly maintenance program;
- Implementation of facilities policies and procedures consistent with those of the organization to ensure efficient and safe operation of all the facilities.
- Oversee activities of contractors, tender processes with RFM, vendor personnel, and suppliers; monitor contracts for compliance and controls costs;
- Implement recommendations of Environment Management Audit Reports and Occupational, Safety and Health
- Audit Reports at the schools in collaboration with Regional Head of Security and Risk Management
- Prepare and manage annual school facilities and property and upkeep budgets
- Prepare and present Facilities reports on a timely basis for the review and guidance of Head Teacher and Regional Facilities Manager
- Develop and maintain emergency/disaster preparedness and recovery plans.
- Develop a comprehensive preventive maintenance program
- Oversee and monitor the work of staff that are part of the facilities management team
- Prepare and update registers for all AKES-K properties and maintain as-built drawings of the properties (approved architectural drawings, title documents etc
- A Bachelor’s degree in Civil, Electrical, Structural or Mechanical engineering and knowledge of construction standards, laws and regulations is required.
- At least five years’ experience as a clerk of works
- Good understanding of, and experience in project management
MODE OF APPLICATION
Click “APPLY FOR JOB” button above to apply for this job.
About Aga Khan Education Service, Kenya (AKESK)
The Aga Khan Academy Nairobi is operated by Aga Khan Education Service Kenya (AKESK), a non-profit organization, with close to a hundred years’ experience operating schools in Kenya. Our first formal schools were opened in 1918, and AKESK currently operates 11 schools in Nairobi, Mombasa, Kisumu and Eldoret, serving close to 5,000 students with a quality, affordable education.