Job TypeFull Time
Job FieldEngineering / Technical
The primary function of the school Electrician is to undertake a variety of tasks relating to setting up and maintaining electrical infrastructure. S/He should be able to set up and maintain well-functioning electrical installations that meet relevant safety and quality standards in order to minimize the probability of accidents and maximize the usability of electricity within the school facilities.
- Execute plans of electrical wiring for well-functioning lighting, intercom, and other electrical systems
- Install electrical apparatus, fixtures, and equipment for alarm and other systems
- Install safety and distribution components (e.g. switches, resistors, circuit-breaker panels etc.)
- Connect wiring in electrical circuits and networks ensuring compatibility of components
- Prepare and assemble conduits and connect wiring through them
- Prevent breakdown of systems by routinely inspecting and replacing old wiring and insulated cables, cleaning circuits, etc.
- Perform effective troubleshooting to identify hazards or malfunctions and repair or substitute damaged units
- Complete all work to the highest standard
- Keep the Head Teacher and Facility Manager informed of any potential risks and recommend alleviation plans.
- Diploma in Electrical Engineering or other equivalents
- Experience in industrial and/or commercial electrical systems
- 5 years of experience (two of those worked within a learning institution would be an added advantage)
MODE OF APPLICATION
Click “APPLY FOR JOB” button above to apply for this job.
About Aga Khan Education Service, Kenya (AKESK)
The Aga Khan Academy Nairobi is operated by Aga Khan Education Service Kenya (AKESK), a non-profit organization, with close to a hundred years’ experience operating schools in Kenya. Our first formal schools were opened in 1918, and AKESK currently operates 11 schools in Nairobi, Mombasa, Kisumu and Eldoret, serving close to 5,000 students with a quality, affordable education.