Consultancy to Conduct Public Speaking Training
Terms of Reference: Consultancy to Conduct Public Speaking Training
Introduction: The African Population and Health Research Center (APHRC) is an African-led and Africa-based international research institute committed to conducting high quality and policy-relevant multidisciplinary research.
Our researchers address important development issues and challenges facing sub-Saharan Africa in areas such as education, population, health, aging, urbanization, and wellbeing.
Our goal is to generate evidence for meaningful action, engage with policy makers in the region to disseminate our research findings, influence policy decisions and improve the quality of life in Africa.
APHRC invites applications on consultancy to conduct public speaking training to a group of APHRC staff.
The purpose of the training is to equip a group of APHRC staff with public speaking skills to enhance their capacity to effectively deliver ideas as they engage with different stakeholders (partners, donors, policy makers, conference participants, colleagues) in diverse settings.
The training is intended to take four days, of 3-4 hours each.
Scope of Work
- Design and develop a 4-day (3-4 hours per day) training programme for APHRC staff with relevant modules including:Key issues to consider when preparing to speak in public;
Tips for public speaking
- Delivering a dynamic and effective presentation
- Deliver training to the staff of the APHRC in English
- Provide participants with the necessary knowledge and skills necessary for effective engagement in a multicultural environment through public speaking
- Provide necessary training materials
- Provide group and one-on-one feedback to participants on ways to improve public speaking.
- Evaluate and submit both pre-training and post-training reports after the completion of the training program.
Qualifications & Experience
- Advanced university degree in Communication Studies, Media Studies, Social Science, or relevant field of study.
- At least 5 years’ experience of handling similar assignments.
- Excellent public speaking and presentation skills.
- Excellent communication (written and spoken) and interpersonal skills.
- CV of the individual consultant or CVs of the members of the consulting team.
- Details of the training methodological and technical approach.
- Work profile and a list of similar assignments and contact details of previous clients.
- Financial proposal with the expected remuneration.
- Work plan and timelines.
MODE OF APPLICATION
Click “APPLY FOR JOB” button above to apply for this job.
If you meet the criteria above and are interested in this opportunity, please send your cover letters, technical and financial proposals
APHRC will contact the shortlisted candidates only.
Applications should be addressed to:
The Human Resources Officer
African Population and Health Research Center, Inc.
APHRC Campus, Manga Close, off Kirawa Road, Kitisuru
P. O. Box 10787-GPO, Nairobi
APHRC is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to the protection of vulnerable persons.
About African Population and Health Research Center
APHRC is a leading pan-African research institution headquartered in Nairobi, Kenya, that conducts high quality policy-relevant research on population, health, education, urbanization and related development issues across Africa. APHRC actively engages policymakers and other key stakeholders to achieve measurable policy impacts and ensure decision making across the continent is informed by rigorous evidence-based research.