Supply Chain Manager
Job Type Full Time
Experience 5 – 10 years
Job Field Procurement / Store-keeping / Supply Chain
Adexen was mandated by an international FMCG company to recruit a Supply Chain Manager for its operations. The position is based in Nairobi, Kenya.
Only applications through Adexen website will be considered for this job vacancy.
- Manage & optimize operationally the different aspects of the supply chain (including sourcing, purchasing, clearing, transport, warehousing and distribution)
- Identify, recommend and implement supply chain practices, procedures and systems for suppliers and customers
- Implement purchasing strategy as defined by the Group and proceed to local purchasing accordingly
- Work closely with suppliers and customers to improve operations and reduce cost
- Explore and recommend sourcing opportunities to meet project requirements and to maximize competitiveness and security.
- Analyze tenders, finalize bid summary and evaluation report, obtain approval to commit
- Select, negotiate and manage suppliers and contracts to keep documentation updated
- Co-ordination of delivery dates and shipment planning with logistics people
- Provide support to project development and operations to ensure smooth project execution and day-to-day tasks.
- Prepare bidders list and issue request for quotation for local purchase.
- Ensure suppliers meet ongoing quality program standard and inspect receipt of the materials delivered and checking of suppliers invoice
- Reporting on a regular basis in each activity: strategy, purchasing, transit, chartering…
Desired Skills and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree from a recognised University
- Minimum 5 years experience in a similar senior role within an international company or a large indigenous group.
- 5-10 Years minimum contracts and tendering experience
- Demonstration of expertise in supplier evaluation and selection, contract negotiation and management, cost modeling and building collaborative supply relationships
- Experience working with overseas suppliers
- Experienced in Transit and inspections
- Ability to build strong collaborative relationships across cultures and contexts.
- Ability to shift priorities and deal with changing demands in an effective manner
- Ability to align and coordinate resources to deliver results for committed schedules
- Only applications through Adexen website will be considered for this job vacancy.
MODE OF APPLICATION
Click “APPLY FOR JOB”button above to apply for this job.
Adexen is a global Human Ressources Company providing business and support services in Africa. We support companies in all industries in the fields of HR, Legal, Finance, Sales & Marketing, Engineering and Supply chain. We know how important people are to business. We also think that "People are the future of Africa". We understand what is needed to match highly skilled professionals with companies operating in Africa at highest standards. Our consultants are experts in their fields and use the most modern systems and upto date knowledges to support in all HR fields.Our target is to bring wealth of experience to help companie operations to find and retain talents. Adexen's objective is to provide both our Clients and their employees as well as our candidates excellence in all aspects of our services.