IT Manager (The Sarit Centre)
Job TypeFull Time
Job FieldICT / Computer
The Sarit Centre is one of the largest shopping malls in East Africa, and was the first enclosed shopping mall in the country when it opened in 1983. It houses over 500,000 square feet of space occupied by a diversity of retail shops, offices, medical facilities and other utilities.
Sarit Centre is in the process of sourcing a new ERP solution for the management of the Sarit Centre and the Sarit Expo Centre.
In preparation for this important investment, the Centre wishes to hire an IT Manager with expertise in managing the implementation of ERP systems and managing the systems post implementation.
You will be tasked with:
- Ownership of the project and project management on Sarit Centre’s side. Responsible for the planning and mapping of the ERP system and ensuring that the project is delivered on time and on spec.
- Perform and or update business and process analysis including documenting ‘as-is’ and ‘to-be’ solutions as part of detailed scoping documents.
- Oversight of the implementation phase, which includes managing day-to-day interaction with the vendor and ensuring that deliverables are being met according to specification and on schedule and keeping stakeholders appropriately informed of changes to project scope, schedule and costs.
- Coordinate interaction between the vendor team and members of the Sarit Centre team as required during each stage of implementation.
- Ensure that appropriate and adequate systems documentation and training is put in place as part of the implementation process.
- Lead, drive and own the functional work team, from design and set up through to testing and finalizing functional specs.
- Collaborate with stakeholders throughout the Centre and from the vendor side to ensure smooth implementation across the board.
- Ensure that the application is configured and customized to achieve business requirements.
- Conduct acceptance testing and train end user resources to successfully use and maintain the application.
- Ownership of the Sarit Centre IT framework as a whole, with a view to ensuring continual system availability and optimality.
- Continually reviewing and assessing system’s ongoing optimality in light of changing business requirements or technological advancements, and driving the process of optimization.
- Continuous improvement of tools and processes to make good use of technology and to improve the operations of the business.
- Owner of the ERP solution in particular, both in terms of being in charge of providing internal support to users of the system and developing the system capabilities in order to meet new and emerging requirements.
- Maintaining relationships with third party vendors and suppliers of IT services.
- Developing the IT capability of the business as a whole by fostering an environment and culture that embraces new and useful technologies while taking appropriate steps to manage the risks.
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Information Technology or related subject. An MBA or Master’s degree is a plus.
- At least six (6) years of experience, two (2) of which must be in a leadership position in ICT
- Strong expertise in Microsoft Dynamics, SAP or Sage ERP, preferably within the service sector.
- Experience with managing the implementation of an ERP at a medium to large size organisation.
- Familiarity with the core technical aspects of enterprise IT and ERP systems.
- Must have full knowledge and proven expertise in Software Development Life Cycle.
- Must have project management skills and experience.
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment and prioritize duties to meet deadlines daily with limited supervision.
MODE OF APPLICATION
Click “APPLY FOR JOB” button above to apply for this job.
Adept Systems is a Kenyan company established in 1994, providing a full range of management consultancy services in the areas of human resources