EUAID Volunteer in Disaster Preparedness and Contingency Planning
Job Type Full Time
Job Field NGO/Non-Profit
ActionAid Kenya is looking for experienced volunteers to provide support to the Global Platform (GP) for belowmentioned position. The volunteer position is part of the EUAID Volunteer’s Initiative – an Initiative that brings volunteers and organisations together from different countries, providing practical support to humanitarian aid projects and contributing to strengthening local capacity and resilience of disaster-affected communities. A core focus is also to promote global solidarity and post-placement information work in Europe.
- University degree in climate change, environmental sciences, social sciences, natural sciences, development studies, disaster risk management or other relevant fields with specialization in climate change.
- Experience with Disaster Risk Reduction and Preparedness is an added advantage.
- Experience in working with young and rural people.
- Experience with motivating and supporting young people.
- Experience with participatory approach to youth engagements.
- Knowledge of best practices in disaster risk management and DRR.
- Must be a positive role model to the young people.
- A strong commitment to ActionAid values and feminist leadership principles
- Able to build collaborative relationships
- Innovative – able to develop and innovate youth engagement activities.
We offer you
- Monthly Subsistence Lump Sum of 515,95 € per month which intends to cover basic needs and local transport.
- Monthly post-deployment resettlement of 100 € per month
- Modest accommodation, Visa fees, insurance and airfare to and from the country of service
- 2 days leave per month of voluntary activity + domestic holidays in the country of service
- Work hours in accordance with ActionAid International Kenya
- A placement period of 6 months
- As this volunteer is placed under the EU AID Volunteer Initiative the volunteer must be a citizen of the EU or a third country national who is a long-term resident in an EU Member State and must have a minimum age of 18 years
MODE OF APPLICATION
Click “APPLY FOR JOB”button above to apply for this job.
ActionAid is a leading international charity. We support women and children in extreme poverty. We fight for their rights and for lasting change