Finance & Operations Manager
- University degree in Finance or Accounting.
- Holder of Certified Public Accountant of Kenya, Accounting or any other finance qualifications.
7-10 years ‘experience in financial services, investment management, fund operations or such roles, ideally within the real estate space.
- Business understanding and awareness of all other functions and their interface with the Investment Management business.
- Self-starter with a go-getter attitude and a desire to hold themselves accountable
- Collaborative team player with strong negotiation, communication, and dispute resolution skills.
- The jobholder needs to demonstrate the ability to build strong relationships with priority stakeholders
- High personal and professional integrity and strong work ethics
As a member of the AIML team, the Finance & Operations Manager will be integral to the establishment of the processes and systems to enable the smooth functioning of AIML as an organization. They will drive fund accounting, investor reporting and transactions management between the essential relevant stakeholders within the investment management firm’s ecosystem.
- Preparation of REIT financials, leading to NAV determination as per the reporting framework and as required by REIT regulations
- Design and continuously improve the AIML operating systems, processes and policies (including interface with AHL & AMSL as may be required).
- Lead the reporting process (including statutory and management reports) for AIML (as defined by the reporting framework).
- Ensure compliance with REIT regulations by providing any required regulatory reports on time.
- Provide the necessary inputs to the AHL Finance team for preparation of the annual financial reports for AIML for audit purposes as well as coordinating the audit process.
- Manage AIML bank accounts (including reconciliations as may be necessary).
- Has oversight of the flow of funds between the REITs bank accounts, including:
- Rent Inflow account per property (Trustee controlled I-REIT account) Real Estate Investment Appraisal
- Project LLP account (Trustee controlled D-REIT account)
- Investment account (Trustee controlled I-REIT and D-REIT account)
- Property Management account (AMSL controlled account)
- Acts as a liaison with the Finance division of the property manager (AMSL) to ensure accurate and timely
- submission of monthly reports, filing of statutory returns like Value Added Tax and Withholding tax.
- Manage relationships with all stakeholders i.e. AHL, AMSL, suppliers, Board of Directors, Trustees and consultants.
- Ensure compliance to International Financial Reporting Standards.
- Manage financial risks for the company (risk management).
- Participate in Trustee meetings, board of directors’ meetings, AGMs, road-shows and other relevant meetings and provide feedback on the portfolio, respond to queries etc. as may be required.
- Direct the finance and operations of AIML including serving as an interface between the business and various service providers.
- Constantly seek to improve business operations through system or process enhancements
- Manage and increase the effectiveness and efficiency of Support Services (HR, IT and Finance, legal), through improvements to each function as well as coordination and communication between the business functions.
MODE OF APPLICATION
Click “APPLY FOR JOB” button above to apply for this job.
About Acorn Holdings Africa
Acorn believes its integrated real estate platform adds value for our investors and other stakeholders. It is an essential enabler to deliver and manage rental housing, while providing access to capital to drive scale, so that investors can benefit from economies.