Premier Centre Manager
Job TypeFull Time
Job FieldSales / Marketing / Retail / Business Development
- To drive and deliver exceptional Premier Banking performance, through the provision of efficient business management, powerful leadership, team development and achievement of operational rigor excellence in the Segment. .See below summary
- To drive implementation of business and service strategies to deliver Premier growth targets.
- Provide powerful leadership in the center to ensure the delivery of the business plans by establishing a high performance culture amongst the team.
- Achieve operational rigor excellence and maintenance of a healthy business environment through strict adherence to operations and compliance policies and guidelines.
People Management -Time split: 25%
- Working with the team to achieve sales & service through business development activities in partnership with CIB, Ecosystem, AAW, Branches.
- Build and develop a high performing team through embedding performance development and coaching. Ensure that team members receive coaching and feedback in order to develop to achieve their maximum potential.
- Discuss and finalize Performance Development Plans and ratings for all staff in the Premier center.
- Make reward decisions within guidelines set up by Policy and Reward.
- Determine and manage Training Needs Analysis and Succession plans for all staff.
- Manage staff attendance levels, based on monthly absence statistics (annual leave, sick leave, family responsibility leave, maternity leave, study leave etc) and submit to HR for record keeping.
Directly responsible for discipline – initiate misconduct or incapacity charges, follow Barclays discipline processes together with HR and an independent chairperson.
- Ensure that staff own and manage customer queries and complaints by taking ownership and resolving in a timely manner. Act as the escalation point for their unresolved queries and complaints.
- Motivate staff and ensure they are recognized through the Absa Africa recognition schemes.
- Create an empowering environment for the team encouraging individual ownership and initiative.
Business Management – Time split: 40%
- Take accountability for the overall achievement of Retail performance objectives for the segment in terms of:
- Employee Satisfaction
- Customer experience
- Sales growth, income contribution and total balance sheet (assets and liabilities).
- Costs performance
- Risk and rigor management
- Accountable for achieving annual sales targets as agreed with the Head of Premier and monitoring of progress towards achieving targets is done on a weekly basis.
- The Lead-Client Relationship is responsible for maintaining a healthy balance sheet in the center i.e. Impairment management and ensuring assets on the books of the center are performing to expected standards,
- Full ownership of ensuring Customer Call Reports are implemented, BOC CDD is completed by Relationship Managers as required.
- Drive CLM objectives covering the key broad areas of Acquisition, Activation, Value Management, Retention and Reactivation.
- Monitor key value drivers for the business – Involved, Engaged, Activation, Revolve, Attrition, Profitability,
- Cost center owner and can sign off on invoices and all payments, within overall annual cost budget as agreed with Head of Premier.
- The role holder is responsible for strict cost management in their center including reviewing all service provider quotations before work can proceed.
- Lead-Client Relationship is expected to oversee on a monthly basis, of all the direct and indirect costs generated by the Centre, including:Summaries of total overtime
- Stationary consumption/telephones etc.
- Sundry losses
- Staff costs
- Premises and utilities
- Provide clear direction to staff on the Absa Retail business objectives, translating and prioritizing into business performance measures at center level.
- Understand and provide clear direction to the team based on market analysis of local area consumer trends and competitor offerings.
- Based on analysis, request that product within ranges, or new product ranges from the current set available in
- Absa Retail, be added to the portfolio of products the Center offers. Implement new product sets with assistance from specialist product managers.
- Ensure that merchandising materials are displayed in accordance with guidelines. •
- Brief staff on promotional and product launches; provide regular feedback on sales performance.
- Establish relationships with key clients or business influencers in the local area, including client events.
- Monitor daily staff performance to ensure sales and portfolio growth targets are achieved in the right way in line with our values.
- Ensure that all staffs in cash management and Account opening are trained prior to taking up their roles.
Rigour Compliance – Time Split: 5%
- Ensure that all activities and duties are carried out in full compliance with regulatory requirements, Enterprise
- Wide Risk Management Framework and internal Barclays Policies and Policy Standards. Understand and manage risks and risk events (incidents) relevant to the role.
- Ensure compliance with operations risk and rigor requirements e.g. Health & Safety standards, security of premises, KYC and anti-money laundering measures.
- Ensure that all staff in the Center adheres to all Barclays Information Security policies and procedures through regular communication to staff and spot checks.
- Conduct regular quality checks on all processes, focusing on transactions with high financial levels and operational risks of the process, including Crisis Management, systems, reviewing control reports, etc.
- Ensure that all Absa Africa procedures are followed through regular communication to staff and spot checks.
Customer Service -Time Split: 30%
- Where customers request to deal directly with Lead-Client Relationship, the Lead-Client Relationship takes ownership of the query/complaint resolution process.
- Review monthly query and complaint trend analysis and provide input to their action plans to prevent recurring issues.
- Ensure all customer contact points in the center, including equipment (PC’s, printers, notes counters etc.) are of the highest service standard.
- Through effective Center management ensure that customers are directed to the most appropriate service delivery channel to meet their need e.g. cashiers, AIR, ATM’s etc. Although this actual function is performed by the M &G, the Lead-Client Relationship remains accountable for ensuring that it happens effectively.
- Manage remote and manual authorizations, by assigning responsibility for authorizers, and personally authorizing such transactions, to ensure efficient counter service.
- Interact regularly with internal service providers (e.g. Operations, KYC Helpdesk) to ensure fast and efficient service to customers. .
- Interview all customers who want to close their accounts because of poor service or high tariffs to determine the root cause and attempt to retain
- Proactively drive implementation of service initiatives in the center
Technical Skills/ Competencies
- People Management
- Coaching and training skills
- Strong communication and Presentation
- Business Management/Financial Management
- Performance Management
- Resource Management
- Cultural and Change Management
- PC Skills
- Decision-making skills
Knowledge, Expertise and Experience
(Relating to specialist knowledge and expertise required to undertake the role. May include knowledge of the Bank’s products, services and policies)
- In-depth knowledge of the full Absa Retail product set, Local Business services, and Corporate Business services including Treasury.
- In-depth understanding of the full range of Premier product set, small business services
- An understanding of technical support systems e.g. FCR, BOC, IBOC, Core Pricing & Billing.
- Good understanding of AARAF Risk Policy and Group governance requirements.
- Detailed understanding of Premier Strategy, operating structure and interface with other functions.
- Business Management experience of a distributed channel; circa 3-5 years.
- Experience of managing large teams.
- An understanding of the Personal High Value Clients’ needs in the Kenyan market.
- Basic understanding of investment banking techniques and products
- Understanding of Absa Retail strategy, operating structure and interface with other functions
- Detailed working knowledge of Risk and Credit policies and procedures
- Good understanding of group structure and interfaces with other functions
- Detailed understanding of people policies and procedures
- Up to date knowledge of competitor and market activity in local area
- Graduate or relevant experience to compensate
MODE OF APPLICATION
Click “APPLY FOR JOB” button above to apply for this job.
Absa Bank Limited (Absa) is a wholly owned subsidiary of Barclays Africa Group Limited. Absa offers personal and business banking, credit cards, corporate and investment banking, wealth and investment management as well as bancassurance. Barclays Africa Group Limited is 62.3% owned by Barclays Bank PLC and is listed on the JSE Limited. The Group is one of Africa’s major financial services providers offering personal and business banking, credit cards, corporate and investment banking, wealth and investment management as well as bancassurance. The Group was formed through combining Absa Group Limited and Barclays’ African operations on 31 July 2013. Reflecting the enlarged group’s pan-African focus, the Group's name changed from Absa Group Limited, to Barclays Africa Group Limited on 2 August 2013. Registered head offices are in South Africa and the Group has majority stakes in banks in Botswana, Ghana,Kenya, Mauritius, Mozambique, Seychelles, South Africa, Tanzania (Barclays Bank Tanzania and National Bank of Commerce), Uganda and Zambia. The Group has representative offices in Namibia and Nigeria, as well as bancassurance operations in Botswana, Mozambique, South Africa and Zambia. Barclays Bank Kenya and Barclays Bank Botswana continue to be listed on their respective stock exchanges.Barclays Bank PLC has operations in Egypt and Zimbabwe, which are part of the African business and continue to be run by Barclays Africa Group’s management