Area Lead Logistics Product Manager – EA
Job TypeFull Time
The role of Lead Logistics Product Manager for East Africa is responsible for development of Supply Chain Product families in the high-growth geography of East Africa that are ahead of the curve. You would be responsible for developing innovative solutions, be a part of the commercial process and contribute towards profitable growth of our products.
- Responsible for all supply chain (SCM/4PL) product development activities including core products, add-ons/configurables and customizations
- You will act as a leader to assess product requirements & competitiveness ambitions leading up to the development & execution of product & business development roadmaps
- Constantly act as the SME leveraging your knowledge across customers, reach out to teams and facilitate engagements where required
- Ensures all standard services and solutions are effectively packaged and rolled out (including associated training programs) to facilitate effective marketing, selling, implementation and execution
- Support key sales pursuits primarily through leverage of existing capabilities but also through product innovation or customisation, where strategically required, to ensure differentiation and value creation to our existing and potential customers
- Lead or participate in customer or product specific development projects delivering new services or optimised operating platforms
- Supports the area team with upskilling & capability building in order continuously to improve our service offering to our customers
- Creates a centre of excellence in SCM costing and pricing management across Africa to provide timely and accurate responses to support the commercial pursuits.
- Drives SCM GP optimization for Africa including tracking the revenue and cost drivers and initiating improvement initiatives including but not limited to revenue/cost leakages, charge revisions, etc.
- Drives critical L&S projects for East Africa such as CFS establishments, customer go-lives, etc.
We are looking for
Who we are looking for
We would like to hear from you if you can demonstrate the following:
- Master’s level education in Business or other relevant discipline
- 5+ yrs’ relevant work experience with proven track record across operations & commercials with focus on driving results through others (preferably Maersk SCM)
- Experience of working with wide variety of complex operational and commercial challenges
- Ability to work in a matrix organization and influence decision making
- Ability to interface with senior leadership stakeholders within & outside the organization
- Ambition and drive to excel together with others.
- Alignment with our values
- An international mind-set and inclusive behaviour.
- International mobility and willingness to travel.
- An excellent command of spoken and written English.
- Assertive/decisive and pro-active
- High sense of urgency & persistence
- Confidence in dealing with people and building lasting relationships/networks
- Ability to problem solve & recommend appropriate course of action analytically & structurally
- Ability to manage stakeholders at various levels within & outside the organization
- Customer centricity
- Preferably Maersk SCM operational/commercial structure & functionality
- Outstanding verbal, written & presentation skills
- Project Management & Training skills
- As a performance-oriented company, we strive to always recruit the best person for the job – regardless of gender, age, nationality, sexual orientation or religious beliefs. We are proud of our diversity and see it as a genuine source of strength for building high performing teams.
MODE OF APPLICATION
Click “APPLY FOR JOB” button above to apply for this job.
About A.P. Moller - Maersk
Maersk Line is the world’s largest container shipping company, known for reliable, flexible and eco-efficient services. We operate 610 container vessels and provide ocean transportation in all parts of the world. But not only do we power some of the world’s largest ships - we also propel the growth ambitions of businesses and individuals all over our planet. Every day our 7,000 seafarers and 25,000 land-based employees at 374 offices share their expertise with our customers around the world to optimize their supply chains, maximize their distribution networks and most of all realize their business potential. We are devoted to creating simple and reliable solutions for our partners, continuously lifting industry standards and enabling global trade in the most sustainable manner possible. What we do is more than shipping. We deliver promises. Promises from customers and businesses all over the world